Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sunandan A Pandya
Dr. Sunandan A Pandya, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Stony Point, NY, with other offices in Upper Saddle River, NJ and West Nyack, NY . He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Pandya is affiliated with Nyack Hospital. Dr. Pandya has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Sunandan A Pandya has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Exercise Stress Test
- Cardiac Ultrasound
- Nuclear Stress Test
- Chest Pain
- High Blood Pressure
- Unstable Angina
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Shortness of Breath
- Heart Failure
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Diseases
Showing 5 of 43
I continue to have full faith in Dr. Pandya and his ability from the very first day I saw him. He came to me very highly recommended physician by a lot of very good doctors. After over five years under his care I feel even more strongly about his knowledge and dedication. He has gone out of his way for me on many occasions. I recommend him to any body whom so ever needs a good heart doctor. When ever time has permitted I have witnessed his good sense of humor. He is too humble to take compliments.
Have dealt with a lot of Doctors , with my Mom, wife and children and myself. I can honestly say that Dr. Pandya is by far the most knowledgeable, caring, understanding doctor I have met. He really listens to you and gives you guidance and explains everything. He has fantastic bedside manners. I am so happy that I have him as my Cardiologist. He truly saved me from having a major problem.
Dr. Pandya is a very pleasant man. He is professional, knowledgeable, caring and spends lots of time with you. He explains his diagnosis in detail. Highly recommended doctor!
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2015, 2014)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2012, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2010, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2012, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Pandya is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Smt Nhl Municipal Medical College
Graduated in 1997
Elliot Hospital St Marys Hospital
Dr. Sunandan A Pandya accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Sunandan A Pandya is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stony Point, NY.