Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sunil Saxena has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Adolescent Psychiatry
- Substance Abuse
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Eating Disorders
- Birth Control
Showing 5 of 51
Dr. Saxena is very quick to prescribe very expensive medications, with problematic side effects after only a short and not very informative conversation. He had slapped a bipolar label on me and sent me out the door with a prescription for lithium before I could even tell him about my recent episode!
You mean absolutely nothing to him...10 years been seeing him so I know him very well. His business, his self/own well being and money are what matter...If/when it comes to doing ANYTHING to help a patient that may sacrifice him making money he has every rule ready to go on why he can't make any exception whatsoever. Also he is blatantly hypocritical. For example;To save a huge amount of time,money, hassle of dealing with going to another doctor for a simple matter, I've asked Saxena for a prescription for an antibiotic to fight a sinus infection. He said no, I need to go to a general practitioner, he can't do that. Then another time years later even, I've gone in and he noticed I was under the weather, he has written me a script for that same antibiotic I had needed previously, this time it was legally/morally ok for some reason. I hope this explains what type of guy he jasmines hat, I could really go on forever on how he just doesn't care but won't, if I've gotten one person to look elsewhere then I feel better, once you see him and he puts you on medicine that is physically addicting you will realize it is too late. He is not a therapist of any sort, he is just a legal drug dealer.
When I went into his office, I told Saxena I had trouble concentrating in school. I am a nursing student taking rigorous courses, where concentration is crucial. He talked down to me incessantly, and came up with an improper diagnosis just by talking to me for 10 minutes. Although he is knowledgable, he isn't very comforting and approachable. I don't recommend him. Sorry
25 Years Experience
Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College
Graduated in 1993
Boston Va Healthcare System - W Roxbur
Dr. Sunil Saxena accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim ElevateHealth HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Sunil Saxena is similar to the following 3 Doctors near White Plains, NY.