Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Surinder D Singh has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Surinder D Singh has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Surinder D Singh has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Surinder D Singh is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
I needed a family Dr as my Dr left town. Was not impressed with Drs at Carilion si went to Singh. She basically just kept me coming back and charging me for follow ups. Had bronchitis. Sent me to er for xrays. Had me come in to tell me not pneumonia. Charged co pay and insurance. My co pay is $20. She got $60 in one week. Had her nurse to call in rx. Went to pick it up. It was the wrong thing. Called Singh the next day, she would not correct it until I came in for a visit. I refused and found a Real Dr. She's just trying to build up business but not at my expense. Each time she just stayed on the computer saying lets see you're on lisinopril and lantus. Ok. Ok. Come back tomorrow. Even discussed the fact that othef patient in next room had no insurance. I heard her tell him that she did not want to treat him any more theb came and told me he had no insurance. Another time discussed how patient next door complaining had high blood pressure and would not take her medicine. What did she say about me? Ever heard if HIPPA, patient confidentiality?? One of her nurses is dumb as a door knob. Screwed up my rx twice. Singh didn't like it because I complained and thought she could control me by not giving me a diabetic my rx. I had seen her at least 6 times in the last six months. And said I had to see her just to get needles. She had just called the wrong thing in the dsy before. Why not correct it? Nevertheless bought them over the counter.I DO NOT RECOMMEND her if you want a good Dr.
38 Years Experience
Indira Gandhi Medical College
Graduated in 1980
Union Hospital Family Practice
Dr. Surinder D Singh accepts the following insurance providers.
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Surinder D Singh is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fishersville, VA.