Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Susan A Barr has the following 3 specialties
- Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
I first saw Dr Barr this past week after seeing specialists for 7 years both urologists and gynocologists who both told me it was the other's problem and I needed to see the other specialist. Nobody wanted to stand up and take any initiative in me and help. I finally get an appointment, go in, see a specialist - paying hundreds of dollars since I don't have insurance - and if they told me right off it wasn't their area, act like they had no interest at all, or give me another overactive bladder medication I would find another doctor. Finally I contacted SLUCare Dept of Women's Wellness and Obstetrics and asked for a Urogynocologist and was given an appt 2 weeks later with Dr Susan Barr. She was unbelievably kind and knew what the problem was before she stepped in the room. She read over my records, saw how I had been displaced by other doctors, and worked with me giving me a name for my condition - Interstitial Cystitis - as well as names of other drugs to try instead of more overactive bladder medications that have to be taken for months and then find out they didn't work. Before her I had slipped into depression and constantly wondered how I could live the rest of my life like this when I was living day to day. She has worked with hundreds of patients with the problem. I have told everyone I can think of about her, even those without urological problems, and hope everyone else out there finds her or someone like her to help them. It's going to take months to find out if it works but this time I have a feeling if this for any reason is not the right treatment we're on the right track. God Bless Dr Barr.
15 Years Experience
University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Susan A Barr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Of Arkansas Medical Center, 4301 W Markham St, Little Rock, AR
Dr. Susan A Barr is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Little Rock, AR.