Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Susan L Bower has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Personality Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Clinical Depression
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Showing 5 of 10
Never on time, constant scheduling conflicts. Not sure why she is accepting new patients since she tends to be overbooked and running behind. After almost 2 years of seeing her, she still couldn't pick me out of a crowd. It seems like she doesn't look over my chart before I come in because I always have to remind her of my status/medications and who I am. She is nearly impossible to get ahold of because she has a secretary that handles all of her calls and scheduling. She is very quick to prescribe medications without doing the proper research of my history of side effects. On more than 1 occasion, she has had to pull out her iPad and WebMD the answers to my questions which are usually related to medications and side effects. This is mental healthcare. It is a very personal thing and a patient should feel some sort of connection/level of trust with their doctor and not just feel like a name on a paper. My most recent appointment with her was my final appointment with her.
Dr. Bower is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Dr. Susan L Bower accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAtlanta Psychotherapy Assocs, 2801 Buford Hwy NE Ste 501, Brookhaven, GA
Dr. Susan L Bower is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brookhaven, GA.