Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Susan M Schmidt-Lackner
Dr. Susan M Schmidt-Lackner, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA. Her specialties include Adolescent Medicine and Psychiatry. Dr. Schmidt-Lackner is affiliated with UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica and Lakewood Regional Medical Center. Dr. Schmidt-Lackner has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Susan M Schmidt-Lackner has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Birth Control
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Substance Abuse
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
I have a PPO, and this woman will not take it, but charges an outrageous amount of $400.00 dollars per visit. I am only reimbursed $100.00 from my insurance. She simply threw different medications at my autistic child hoping one would work. Any doctor can do this with a little research. She refuses to refill my child's medications unless I see her every 3 months. She is extremely neurotic, and treats people like dirt! See this doctor at your own risk.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Schmidt-Lackner is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Susan M Schmidt-Lackner accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsVista Del Mar Child & Family Services, 3200 Motor Ave, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Susan M Schmidt-Lackner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.