Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Susan E Swigart
Dr. Susan E Swigart, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Minneapolis, MN. She has 18 years of experience. Her specialties include Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Adolescent Medicine and Psychiatry. Dr. Swigart is affiliated with Fairview Ridges Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Susan E Swigart has the following 3 specialties
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Susan E Swigart has the following 14 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Mental Disorders
- Substance Abuse
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Birth Control
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Eating Disorders
Dr. Susan E Swigart has 2 board certified specialties
Dr. Susan E Swigart is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 6
Extremely rude and condescending. Refused to tell me the side effects of medication she tried to prescribe. She didn't have my chart at the appointment and then blamed it on me because I didn't make a follow up appointment at my last visit (it had been over a year since I saw her last and things had been going well, I was still seeing my therapist at The Emily Program and wasn't on any meds, so no, I didn't make a follow up appointment with her). The whole appointment she seemed incredibly annoyed that I was asking a lot of questions and being indecisive about the medication she wanted to put me on (she wanted me on Zoloft and my siblings have both had awful reactions with Zoloft. I kept asking her about the side effects, she kept refusing to tell me and insisting they wouldn't affect me, and then had the nerve to ask "What do you have against SSRI's?" I had a VERY bad experience with this psychiatrist. ABSOLUTELY would not recommend. If you want someone at The Emily Program, I would recommend Amy Nygaard. She's at the St Paul office but so much nicer and more helpful.
Dr. Swigart is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 2000
University Of Minnesota Health Care System
Dr. Susan E Swigart accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- BCBS MN BluePrint
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & DirectionsThe Emily Program, 5354 Parkdale Dr Ste 200, Minneapolis, MN
Dr. Susan E Swigart is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.