Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Suzy Melkonian
Dr. Suzy Melkonian, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mission Hills, CA. She has 19 years of experience. Her specialties include Medical Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Melkonian is affiliated with Providence Holy Cross Medical Center, Northridge Hospital Medical Center and Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Suzy Melkonian has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Palliative Care
Showing 5 of 6
I knew when I met Dr. Melkonian, that I wasas the right place and the right time.She cares. She listens. She gives goodcomprehensible advice and makes sure youunderstand each phase of cancer.The office is beautiful, parking is freefor cancer patients and the front desk isvery helpful and friendly.If I call in for a refill, everything isfollowed through professionalI could find an Oncologist closer to myhome but would not even think of it.Also, the billing office helps with insurance problems and they too are knowledgeable and friendly. I had to callover four times in one day and they werejust as helpful on the fourth call.I know, I am in good hands, with experience. I even look forward to visiting with her on my appointments.
Dr. Melkonian is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Providence Holy Cross Medical Center
Northridge Hospital Medical Center
Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital
19 Years Experience
Chicago Medical School At Rosalind Franklin University Of Medicine & Science
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Suzy Melkonian accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsProvidence Holy Cross Medical Center, 15031 Rinaldi St, Mission Hills, CA
Dr. Suzy Melkonian is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mission Hills, CA.