More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Svenja M Resto has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Resto is an excellent doctor and ranks among the better medical people we have visited, pediatric or adult (our adult doctors are among the best in the country). We left our first practice because they were unresponsive to the severity of my daughter's illness for the second time (the first time she ended up in the hospital with pneumonia). A friend recommended us to the principals at Riverside Pediatrics. On our emergency visit, we met with Dr. Resto whom at the time 6 years ago was a new junior doctor to the practice. Sure enough, my daughter had a severe case of pneumonia again. Dr. Resto took prompt action with the right medications and coupled with diligent monitoring kept my daughter out of the hospital. From then on we looked to Dr. Resto as our primary physician. She is thoughtful, intelligent, empathetic and a good communicator. We can not recommend Dr. Resto more highly as a pediatrician who gives you peace of mind that your child has excellent and thoughtful care.
Dr. Resto is a terrific doctor and diagnostician. She is also wonderful with the children AND their parents. She is measured, precise and very smart. Most importantly, she listens! I have to think that the comment on missing a diagnosis is off the mark or stems from some other issue. In the years my children saw Dr. Resto she accurately diagnosed them every time (and they presented with some serious/tricky illnesses). We left the practice because they stopped taking insurance (and Dr. Resto is no longer there and no longer practices close to our home) but my kids still ask about Dr. Resto!
Her background is public health and I doubt her skills as a clinician. She missed an important diagnosis. My daughter was hypothyroid and having several developmental delays. Dr. Resto missed the diagnosis for hypothyroidism and the developmental delays worsened. I left Riverside Pediatrics. Got an accurate diagnosis and my child thrived.
I worked at Riverside Pediatrics when this was posted. I suppose this patient was very upset that Riverside Pediatrics decided to drop all health insurances and change to a fee for service model. The same day this inaccurate information was posted, something equally inaccurate was posted on my colleague's site, making this person's statement obsolete and false obviously. The patient was obviously angry with the situation and unfortunately, posted this to get back at us for the change the practice had decided. I no longer work at Riverside Pediatrics.
15 Years Experience
Memorial University Of Newfoundland
Graduated in 2003
Nyu School Of Medicine
Dr. Svenja M Resto accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsExecutive Pediatrics, 984 N Broadway Ste 506, Yonkers, NY
Dr. Svenja M Resto is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Yonkers, NY.