Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Swarna S Varma has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Swarna S Varma has the following 16 expertise
- Addison Disease
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Cushing Disease
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Pituitary Diseases
- Diabetes Complications
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
Dr. Swarna S Varma has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 80
I have DI (Diabetes Insipidus) which is not diabetes. It is a rare condition involving my pituitary glade caused from an auto accident 23 yrs ago. My previous doctor has had me on a nasal spray for the past 23 yrs which regulates my water level since my body no longer do this on its on. At my first visit Dr Varma had me walking out of her office with a ref to see a heart dr no heart condition, a rheumatologist for whatever reason and an ENT ?? She switched by medication for DI to a pill form trying to get me on a correct dose. Had (1) blood test which she called normal when in fact it couldnt of been further from the truth. I have had this disease for 24 yrs. If i dont take the correct amt of this artificial hormone I will dehydrate much sooner than a normal person would & it is life threatening. Long story short she tried to tell me the initial amt she prescribed was correct when it was not by any means. When i dont have the correct dosage I have to urinate every 10 minutes - full bladder and become so thirsty for fluid i would guzzle hot coffee or anything else I could get my hands on. She refused to adjust/increase the dosage ??? You tell me how normal is having to go to the restroom every 10 minutes full bladder. I will never return to this doctor. She obviously does' not understand the seriousness of DI which is very frightening. Be careful.
Dr. Varma is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Dr. Swarna S Varma accepts the following insurance providers.
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Swarna S Varma in this video.
Dr. Swarna S Varma is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.