Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Syed A Bilgrami
Dr. Syed A Bilgrami, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hartford, CT, with another office in Hartford, CT. His specialties include Hematology and Oncology and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Syed A Bilgrami has 2 locations
114 Woodland St
Hartford, CT 06105
94 Woodland St Ste 1
Hartford, CT 06105
Book Online Now
Dr. Syed A Bilgrami has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology and Oncology
An Oncologist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of different cancers. This physician has extensive knowledge of the different signs and symptoms of cancer, as well as the various methods of treatment.
Oncologists diagnose cancer through methods such as biopsy, endoscopy, X-ray, blood tests, ultrasound, and different forms of nuclear medicine. They treat cancer through surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy, or antibody treatments.
If it is determined that a cancer cannot successfully be treated, oncologists then focus on providing palliative care, the use of pain medication to make a dying person more comfortable.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Syed A Bilgrami has the following 12 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
University Of Connecticut Health Center
Dr. Syed A Bilgrami Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Syed A Bilgrami
Board Certified Psychiatrist. Dr. Rothschild received his medical degree from the University of Vermont College of Medicine in 1985 and did his residency training in psychiatry at the Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland. He has been practicing psychiatry in the Hartford area since 1989. Initially at the Institute of Living, he developed and headed the Eating Disorder Day Hospital. Since 1993, he has been the Director of Consultation/Liaison Services at St. Francis Hospital and Medical Center. Dr. Rothschild is also an Associate Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Connecticut School of Medicine, where he is actively involved in medical student education. His subspecialty clinical interests include mood disorders, eating disorders and anxiety disorders. He sees patients for medication evaluations as well as ongoing treatment.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Syed A Bilgrami is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Hartford, CT.