Type 2 Diabetes
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Syed I Hussain has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Syed I Hussain has the following 12 expertise
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Weight Loss
- Chronic Hepatitis C
- Patient Care
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Body Weight
Dr. Syed I Hussain is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
He claims to be an expert in a new specialty every time the winds change..Has abandoned his chronic pain patients that HE convinced to go on and put on pain meds prior to CDC guidelines and insane war on opioids, but no longer is a pain specialist. Cuts his patients off to face withdrawal alone, to satisfy medical boards because he says he is afraid of losing his license. ..now I see online claims with his advertisements suggesting that he is also a geriatric doctor, psychiatrist, pulmonary/sleep specialist, heart specialist, diabetes specialist, internest, gyn, etc., etc., etc.! He is none of what he claims to be and cares about his wallet above all else, especially his patients. Don't ever disturb him with an urgent matter when his office is not open...he will flip out on you and tell you not to go to the ER because neither they or he can help you. In 8 years he never examined my body without covering not even ONE time! He claims to be all alone handling his practice, but it is named Northern RI Medical Services Inc. How is that all alone? He only treats at one hospital, Landmark, despite advertising that he sees patients at several other RI hospitals. Its all bull...everything about him. If you care about your health or your loved one's health...stay away from this n__t__b!
I have been taking mom to see Dr Hussain for many years. He is thorough, intelligent, patient and kind. My mom is very shy but Dr Hussain puts her a ease. Now that she is in assisted living Dr has worked with their staff to create a care plan. It is truly remarkable how she has recovered from pneumonia and is enjoying life again
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
31 Years Experience
Quaideazam Medical College
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Syed I Hussain accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
BCBS Rhode Island
- BCBS RI HealthMate Coast to Coast
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNri Services Inc, 63 Eddie Dowling Hwy Ste 4, North Smithfield, RI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Syed I Hussain in this video.
Dr. Syed I Hussain is similar to the following 3 Doctors near North Smithfield, RI.