Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Syed M Oqail has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Colon Cancer
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Hepatitis C
- Celiac Disease
- Viral Human Hepatitis
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Showing 5 of 13
Worse doctor I have ever seen. Absolutely no compassion. Does not take the time to listen to a patient. Will ask you a question and before you can answer he proceeds to talk over you in a very loud voice. Since he didn't listen to me he misdiagnosed me and I ended up having to go somewhere else to get a correct diagnosis. This man should never have become a doctor in the first place. I would select no stars but this website doesnt give you that option. Never again will I see this man nor will I recommend him to anyone.
My wife went to this doctor twice. The first time she was seen was before Thanksgiving, same week. He listened, but I could tell that once he heard a few key points he ignored the rest and prescribed Flagyl which was seriously bad for my wife. She took only two pills total and she had to stop. After telling the doctor this, he wanted her to continue, but we told him no. The next visit he scheduled an EGD (upper endoscopy) which we had to cancel, and she gave a stool sample which came back negative for colitis. He didn't even suggest, or want to try, any tests or other possibilities, such as h. pylori. I feel he didn't listen enought, and doesn't follow up, and the office staff is a little lazy with their work. We were supposed to get paperwork for the h. pylori blood test we requested, but the staff didn't put it in the mail until 3 days 4 days later. I would not recommend someone go to this doctor unless they already know what their problem is.
I called in to schedule an appointment for a very concerning problem I had. This was not my first time to see Dr. Oqail, and the lady on the phone said that she could not find my chart! Besides that, she was very rude. Not apologetic about the fact that she lost some confidential patient information. Instead was in denial and said that she would call back, so I gave her my number and guess what? NO CALL!
Wayne State University
Dr. Syed M Oqail accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorth Texas Pulmonary Associates, 929 N Galloway Ave Ste 108, Mesquite, TX
Dr. Syed M Oqail is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mesquite, TX.