Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Syed R Ahmed has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Gland Issues
- Cushing Disease
- Addison Disease
Showing 5 of 15
The wait time is RIDICULOUS, I waited 4 hours and had been fasting for a day and a half. By the time he came in, I was about to faint. I have nothing good to say about him. His attitude stinks, his wait time stinks, his attention to patient care, beside manner NON existent. I cant recommend him to anyone.
FIRST OF ALL HE IS AN AROGENT JERK, ALL ABOUT SEEING AS MANY PATIENTS IN A DAY AS HE CAN, -10 IN REGARDS TO BEDSIDE MANOR. AT THE POINT I CHANGED DR.. HE HAD ME ON 2 INSULINS AND 4 PILLS, AND MY BLOOD SUGAR WAS STILL OUT OF CONTROL.DOES NOT CARE TO HEAR ABOUT PAITENT CONCERNS. ONE DAY I WAITED OVER 4 HOURS AND HE NEVER EVEN APOLIGIZED FOR IT. FROM WHAT I CAN FIND OUT EVEN FROM OTHER DR'S IS THAT HE IS THE ONLY ONE IN TOWN, SO !! I KNOW I DID WHAT DR'S DONT WANT U TO DO, BUT I STOPPED ALL BUT ONE PILL, CHANGED THE AMOUNT AND HOW OFTEN I TOOK MY INSULIN AND WITH IN 5 DAYS MY BLOOD SUGAR WAS IN THE LOW 100'S. IF HE WAS THE ONLY DIABETIC DR IN THE STATE I WOULD GO ELSE WHERE, IF U HAVE A PROBLEM WITH BLOOD SUGAR ABSOLUTELY DO NOT GO TO HIM. AND THE ONLY REASON I GAVE HIM A 1 STAR OVERALL RATING WAS, YOU HAVE TO RATE HIM SUBMIT
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. Syed R Ahmed accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEndocrinology Diabetes Clinic, 541 W College St Ste 3400, Florence, AL
Dr. Syed R Ahmed is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Florence, AL.