Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Syed R Ahmed MD
Dr. Syed R Ahmed, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Florence, AL. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Syed R Ahmed has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
Dr. Syed R Ahmed has the following 10 expertise
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Gland Issues
- Cushing Disease
- Addison Disease
Showing 5 of 6
GREAT THYROID DOCTOR
Self-verified patient of Dr. Syed R Ahmed - Posted on September 19th, 2018
I can't speak for anything but Thyroid but, he has been a great Dr for me. The wait time is horrible at his office and he doesn't have much of a personality but, as far as care , he is very smart and I cannot say one bad word about him. Word about him
Self-verified patient of Dr. Syed R Ahmed - Posted on April 28th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Syed R Ahmed - Posted on February 20th, 2015
He couldnt care less
Self-verified patient of Dr. Syed R Ahmed - Posted on May 23rd, 2014
The wait time is RIDICULOUS, I waited 4 hours and had been fasting for a day and a half. By the time he came in, I was about to faint. I have nothing good to say about him. His attitude stinks, his wait time stinks, his attention to patient care, beside manner NON existent. I cant recommend him to anyone.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Syed R Ahmed - Posted on April 14th, 2014
FIRST OF ALL HE IS AN AROGENT JERK, ALL ABOUT SEEING AS MANY PATIENTS IN A DAY AS HE CAN, -10 IN REGARDS TO BEDSIDE MANOR. AT THE POINT I CHANGED DR.. HE HAD ME ON 2 INSULINS AND 4 PILLS, AND MY BLOOD SUGAR WAS STILL OUT OF CONTROL.DOES NOT CARE TO HEAR ABOUT PAITENT CONCERNS. ONE DAY I WAITED OVER 4 HOURS AND HE NEVER EVEN APOLIGIZED FOR IT. FROM WHAT I CAN FIND OUT EVEN FROM OTHER DR'S IS THAT HE IS THE ONLY ONE IN TOWN, SO !! I KNOW I DID WHAT DR'S DONT WANT U TO DO, BUT I STOPPED ALL BUT ONE PILL, CHANGED THE AMOUNT AND HOW OFTEN I TOOK MY INSULIN AND WITH IN 5 DAYS MY BLOOD SUGAR WAS IN THE LOW 100'S. IF HE WAS THE ONLY DIABETIC DR IN THE STATE I WOULD GO ELSE WHERE, IF U HAVE A PROBLEM WITH BLOOD SUGAR ABSOLUTELY DO NOT GO TO HIM. AND THE ONLY REASON I GAVE HIM A 1 STAR OVERALL RATING WAS, YOU HAVE TO RATE HIM SUBMIT
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. Syed R Ahmed Accepts the Following Insurance
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions, ,
Dr. Syed R Ahmed is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Florence, AL.