Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Tahseen M Mozaffar
Dr. Tahseen M Mozaffar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Orange, CA. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Neuromuscular Medicine, Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Mozaffar is affiliated with Uc Irvine Medical Center. Dr. Mozaffar has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Tahseen M Mozaffar has the following 3 specialties
- Neuromuscular Medicine
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Muscule Diseases
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Muscle Inflammation (Myositis)
- Nerve Compression Syndromes
- Migraine Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
Dr Mozzaffar is committed to fighting ALS and appreciate his contributions. There is no doubt he wants to find a cure and works around the clock. Having said that he belongs in a research lab not interacting with patients. I have seen him be rude to his other doctors staff and worst me a patient. Does not return emails or phone calls and has a childish manner which is not good to be around when your dying. Additionally he is trying to run an underfunded ALS MD clinic which creates a lot of problems.
It definitely took a long time to get an appointment due to the number of patients requesting to be seen by Dr Mozaffar, being that he is so well known for his work in neuromuscular disorders. That being said, once I got to the office, everyone was very friendly and helpful with minimal wait time. I found Dr Mozaffar himself to also be friendly and seemed quite knowledgeable (of course). For a doctor in such high demand, he spent the time to explain what my treatment options are and what our plan will be. One thing in particular which I liked is that many tests including nerve conduction, blood work and even respiratory therapist were all done on scene. I'm so used to being sent out for tests, which adds considerably to the treatment time, though I did need to make a second appointment for the nerve tests since there will be several tests which will take a few hours. At least they will be done in the same office so that the Dr will have the results right away. Overall I could not have asked for a better experience. I'm very satisfied and best of all is that I once again have some hope for my MG. Thank you Dr Mozaffar.
Save your money and go elsewhere, where the person you are referred to actually takes the time to do the tests instead of using a "student doctor", and who will do the tests in an unhurried way. What a huge disappointment and expense, which I will be fighting for a partial refund. No bedside manner.
We are so disappointed in Dr. Mozaffar's bedside manner, his inability to return phone calls, his staff's extremely poor response time to requests and lack of follow up, and their general lack of caring.
America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Dr. Mozaffar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Aga Khan Medical College
Graduated in 1989
St Lukes Hospital
Dr. Tahseen M Mozaffar accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUci Medical Group, 200 S Manchester Ave Ste 110, Orange, CA
Dr. Tahseen M Mozaffar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Orange, CA.