Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Talat Imam
Dr. Talat Imam, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Jacksonville, FL. She has 22 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Imam is affiliated with Baptist Medical Center Beaches, Memorial Hospital Jacksonville and St Vincents Medical Center Riverside. Dr. Imam has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Talat Imam has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Talat Imam has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Talat Imam has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Talat Imam is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
Dr Talat Imam, is the nicest doctor I've been to . She is patient & caring , always cheerful. Really listens to everything you have to say . I highly recommend her ! The entire staff including the other doctors are ALL wonderful. I'm 58 & have had bad experiences with previous doctors , they just didn't care, they would push things aside , but HERE the staff follows up with you and shows they really DO care ! I love this place !
If you value time and money run from this place. They overbook, don't call when lab results are available, do not return calls, and the wait time despite an appointment can be more than an hour. Don't be surprised if suddenly a diff doc offers to see you than the one you had an appt with. How can they always be running late implies they deliberately overbook , spend 5 mins with each patient and make maximum profit as much as possible. The staff is disorganized and rarely bothers to help. The only thing they may be excited about when they talk - do we need to book your next appointment? The only Pro is proximity but the cons have outweighed it by far.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Imam is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
University Of Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
University Of Florida Health Shands Hospital
Dr. Talat Imam accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsBaymeadows Healthcare, 10058 Baymeadows Rd, Jacksonville, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Talat Imam in this video.
Dr. Talat Imam is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jacksonville, FL.