Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Tamara L Shilling has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Urinary Bladder Cancer
- Family Planning
- Kidney Stones (Kidney Calculi)
- Kidney Cancer
- Urinary Incontinence
- Preventive Medicine
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Adolescent Medicine
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
I had been going to a previous doctor for 15 years, and when we moved to the area, I decided to change to this practice on a recommendation. I hadn't realized what I had been missing out on that whole time. Dr Shilling is an extremely competent, thorough, and empathic doctor. She balances a subtle sense of humor with the perfect amount of professionalism to make you feel like she's really listening, and she really cares about your health. She also got to the bottom of some of my long standing medical issues within a few visits. I highly recommend her to anyone looking for a family doctor.
I have been a patient of Dr Shillings for six months. One my first visit, a routine physical, she insisted that I was going to die any minute (not exaggerating) and had me admitted to the ER. The ER doctors, after making me wait for six hours to be seen because there was clearly nothing urgently wrong with me, laughed me out of the hospital thanks to her overreaction. On a second visit, she ordered the wrong hospital procedures for a minor neck injury and never got clearance from the insurance company. Apparently she also didn't document the injury at all, leaving me with thousands of dollars in medical bills.
after a potential "emotional" diagonisis and tests were taken there was no follow up and I had to call 3 times to get the results (which were negative on what I was supposed to have!).. this caused severe stress on my part! on other visits tests were done and no follow up on them. on yet another ocasion tests were done but not recorded, and a RX was not recorded.. not good!
Dr Schilling is the best doctor I have been to. She may Have a more reserved personality but she listens to everything I say, asks more questions than any doctor I've been to and dosnt make me feel like she's in a rush to get me out of there like many doctors do. I always leave with my concerns adressed and feeling like my Dr actually cares about my health. She Is very friendly, just soft spoken which is completely fine. I don't get why someone would give someone one star because they don't have a bubbly personality. She knows what she's doing and after seeing drs for over two years about a problem was the first one to accurately diagnose me within one office visit. It dosnt get much better than that.
12 Years Experience
University Of New England College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2006
Dr. Tamara L Shilling accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Pathway X Enhanced Ind Direct Access NH
- Anthem Preferred Blue Network - NH
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim ElevateHealth HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts Granite Premier Choice EPO and PPO
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsBarrington Family Practice, 426 Calef Hwy, Barrington, NH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Tamara L Shilling in this video.
Dr. Tamara L Shilling is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Barrington, NH.