Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Tamberly L Mccoy
Dr. Tamberly L Mccoy, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Owensboro, KY, with another office in Owensboro, KY. She has 20 years of experience. Her specialties include Hospice & Palliative Medicine and Family Medicine. Dr. Mccoy is affiliated with Crittenden County Hospital. Dr. Mccoy has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Tamberly L Mccoy has the following 2 specialties
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
This Doctor is very hard to get an appointment with. Any labs done in her office she nor her staff go over the results with you. After calling and making inquires about tests or illness the staff transfer you to three different people and then you must explain each time your reason for calling. Waiting for lab test that can diagnose your symptoms is important to treatment or a cure or getting other tests to find out the reason one is ill and can not function due to pain or discomfort. This doctor will say she will contact you to talk to you about other things to look at but she never follows up with her patients. This is not good quality care! Especially if you have seen this doctor for 10 years.
I was a patient of Dr McCoy for years for chronic pain, seizures, and spinal problems. She was the only doctor that I got pain meds from. I don't doctor shop etc like some people do. I received a certified letter tell me find another doctor with no explanation. I have been on two very strong pain meds and now going through terrible withdrawal symptoms and can't get into another doctor until the second week of December. Her nurse Diane is very hateful and should not be in the position she is in dealing with people much less sick patients. .
I have been a patient of Dr. McCoy's since about 2001, I have nothing but the highest regards for her. She has been an awesome Doctor and has helped me through some serious health problems , And several times being hospitalized. I really believe that if it wasn't for her, I would not be here today. And as far as how she treats people, she has an excellent doctor to patient personality and has also talked to me like I was a friend or family with honesty and respect. If anyone that has said otherwise, should check themselves.
Dr. Mccoy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Tamberly L Mccoy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Dr. Tamberly L Mccoy is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Owensboro, KY.