Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Tamella J Trulson has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Tamella J Trulson has the following 13 expertise
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
Dr. Tamella J Trulson has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Tamella J Trulson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 8
I went in several times for maintenance of my anti-depressants, and each time she would coldly interrogate me as though she was a parole officer and I'd done something wrong. Seemed very thorough, but I couldn't get past how downright weird she could be. Have had luck with Meier Clinics previously, but am never going back now.
I put my trust and faith into Dr. Trulson. I felt that she truly cared about me. She prescribed two different antidepressants which unfortunately didn't work for me. She spoke about a third antidepressant that had some scary side effects. I was reluctant, but because I was so overwhelmed by my depression I returned to her ready to give it a try. She asked me several questions about how I was feeling and I was overcome by emotion and sobbing. Just then, she told me she couldn't help and wouldn't see me again. She said perhaps I could find another psychiatrist, but offered no referral, no notice, no compassion. I left the office crying hysterically, feeling humiliated by everyone staring at me. I could barely drive my car. You would expect more from any provider, but especially one that espouses Christian values.
I would not trade her for the world! She has helped me so much. I cannot express how important it is that you need to be honest with her! If you are not she can read that, be honest and you will get great results. She is open minded and very kind.She has been there for me at one of the hardest times of my life and gave me great instruction and advice as well as medical needs!
She is cold and a horrible doctor. She should seek her own mental evaluation. I saw nothing "Christian" in her. To diligently seek help and the amount of money spent she was no help. Said I should talk to a psychologist. WHAT? Why in the heck am I paying her?!?!?! Don't bother going to her - not worth it.
27 Years Experience
University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Tamella J Trulson accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
Locations & DirectionsMeier Clinics, 2150 Lakeside Blvd, Richardson, TX
Dr. Tamella J Trulson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Richardson, TX.