Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Tamer A Behman has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Tamer A Behman has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Tamer A Behman has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 10
His wife is the worst person every. She has no compassion for patients. Very rude and unprofessional. Dr. Behman needs to replace her ASAP. I can't believe how she treating when I needed my medication and their hours are only 1p-4p. I couldn't get off of work during those hours. I will be switching doctors.
I would like if Dr. Behman were more proactive in following-up on test results, etc. He can also be reluctant in ordering tests you may need for fear of insurance company denials; because of this, he will send you to a specialist to get the test ordered. I'm aware that insurance companies can sometimes be difficult but I think Dr. Behman should at least try to get the initial approval; for example, if it's clear that your symptoms warrant an MRI, you should not first have to get an Xray or be sent to a specialst to have that Doctor order it (unless your insurance company specifically requires step-treatment and I'm not sure this is the case).He can be slow to follow-up with pharmacies on refills etc. and because he is cost conscious, he dosen't want people sending faxes to the office; this includes pharmacies; pharmacies indicate that Dr. Behman will only allow them to fax him once. Additionally, once, I needed to him to review some medical documents but the office didn't want me to fax them. If he addresses these issues his patients will have a better experience.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Behman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Raritan Bay Medical Center
Dr. Tamer A Behman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRaritan Bay Medical Center, 243 Pershing Ave, Carteret, NJ
Dr. Tamer A Behman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Carteret, NJ.