Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Tamer N Sargios has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
Dr. Tamer N Sargios has the following 11 expertise
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Colon Cancer
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
Dr. Tamer N Sargios has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 15
My son has had numerous symptoms for 8+ months and lost 30 lbs. Several doctors, including Sargios, agreed that it wasn't IBS and my son underwent numerous tests. After a colonoscopy and endoscopy, Sargios overstated what he found. Then during our follow up visit he said he's not sure what's wrong so we'll just call it IBS and treat it as IBS...after he had already said that's not what it is. Nor do my son's symptoms match IBS. When I asked what's causing the severe nausea, he said "brain cancer" and then went on to say that it was just an example and many things can cause that. What a horribly insensitive and terrifying thing to say to my son and me. When the answer wasn't easily found, he just gave up. My son is only 21 and not willing to spend any more time not being able to function normally. In each of our visits, Sargios was condescending, arrogant, and ineffective. He also got very upset when we told him that we had consulted another doctor. Aren't 2nd opinions encouraged? Especially in cases that don't have a ready answer? His ego is far too big and his sensitivity is far too little.
Dr.Sergios and his main nurse didn't make me feel comfortable after I infomed him that I had a total knee replacement and my orthopedic surgent recommended I take antibiotic before any procedure, Dr.Sergios,Felt that it was not necessary even try too convinced and fax paperwork to my orthopedic who disagreed with him and said to him my patient is not to have any procedure without antibiotic.So I Cancelled because Dr.Sergios went as far as to try to prove he was Right even though he is not a orthopedic surgeon....Makes you think why would a Doctor try to go as far as to prove another Doctor wrong.... eagle trip and not very friendly.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
26 Years Experience
Ain Shams University
Graduated in 1992
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Dr. Tamer N Sargios accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Humana Choice POS
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDigestive Disease Center, 1 Webster Ave Ste 303, Poughkeepsie, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Tamer N Sargios, MD - Gastroenterology in Poughkeepsie, NY, in this video.
Dr. Tamer N Sargios is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Poughkeepsie, NY.