Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Tamera L Howell has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Tamera L Howell has the following 14 expertise
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Menstrual Pain
- Hysterectomy (Vaginal)
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
Dr. Tamera L Howell has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Tamera L Howell is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 35
So I was supposed to have an appointment this morning. I arrived at the hospital right at the time of my appointment (after calling to let them know I was a few minutes late due to traffic). I parked at the main entrance and got turned around in the hospital. I ended up being about 10 minutes late for my appointment. They refused to see me and the nurse made me reschedule. I drove 45 minutes just to get turned away! What ever happened to common courtesy and being kind and understanding towards patients? They lack compassion. The lady at the front desk was completely uncaring. I'll be finding a new gynecologist.
Dr. Howell delivered my son over a decade ago and I wanted to finally give her the recognition she deserves. I had two previous C-sections and she knew my situation and how I was wrongly done and gave me a chance to deliver natural. We delivered natural with no complications and I owe it all to Dr. Howell. You don't know how much it meant to me for someone to give me a chance and to listen to my story. Thank you so very much!!
I've had two appointments with Dr. Howell and both times she was very quick and uncaring. The first visit was for a routine pap smear and she seemed in a rush. I didn't have a chance to ask her any questions and I left very frustrated. I gave her the benefit of the doubt and went back today for severe menstrual cramps. She came in, conducted a pelvic exam, said she was going to switch me to a new birth control pill, and then left. I didn't even know the visit was over. There was no discussion about her decision. I'm supposed to return in three months. I will not be returning. I left her office feeling violated and unheard.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
25 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Dr. Tamera L Howell accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Tamera L Howell in this video.
Dr. Tamera L Howell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Christiansburg, VA.