Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Tejinder P Ghuman has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Tejinder P Ghuman has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 14
I would not even give this pediatrician 1 star. I took my 5 month old in to see him because her pediatrician is currently out on leave. I took her in due to a severe diaper rash that developed over 2 days(which I knew was a yeast rash, due to experience with my older dsughter) as well as a bad cold that had gotten so bad so fast that she could barely breathe.. Doctor Ghuman was barely In the room for 5 minutes. He looked over my daughter and handed me a paper titled "treating colds in infants" he proceeded to tell me that my daughter just had a cold and that the paper will give me instructions. I then ask if he was going to look at her rash and he had me undo her diaper. He glanced at the rash, said "this is just a normal diaper rash that was left unattended for too long, you should go buy some diaper cream" he then left the room and his medical assistant asked " ok doc are we doing any breathing treatments or anything since she's so miserable" and his response to her was "i think she will be fine if she gets worse they can just come back" needless to say i left extremely upset. The next morning after a sleepless night I took her in to Marysville immediate care and was seen by a different doctor. He took one look at her rash and told me I was correct it was a yeast rash. When he checked her ears he noticed she had a double ear infection and then after listening to her lungs said her cold is in her lower chest which can quickly turn to pneumonia. He prescribed antibiotics for The cold and ear infections and cream for her rash. 24 hours later her rash is almost 100% gone and she already sounds better. Needless to say Dr.Ghuman should not be practicing medicine with his arrogant careless attitude, especially when children's lives depend on him. We will never go back to him.
I'm a first time mom and the Dr and his staff are very friendly and have no problem answering my many and sometimes silly questions. Also they have no problem letting me stay in the room after a visit to breastfeed. I never feel rushed. When you need an appointment they get you in right away. We are very happy with this office.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
43 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Hurley Medical Center
Dr. Tejinder P Ghuman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net CA Primary EPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Tejinder P Ghuman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Yuba City, CA.