Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Terence L Carey
Dr. Terence L Carey, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tulsa, OK. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Allergy & Immunology and Pulmonary Disease. Dr. Carey is affiliated with St Francis Hospital and Hillcrest Hospital - South. Dr. Carey has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Terence L Carey has the following 2 specialties
- Allergy & Immunology
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
Dr. Terence L Carey has the following 15 expertise
- Hay Fever
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Food Allergies
- Nasal Allergies
- Watery Eyes
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
Showing 5 of 19
Dr. Carey is beyond the best doctor I have ever gone to. He takes time to talk, and hear what is happening with you . He was able to get me on track where 6 other specialists wanted to treat me like everyone else with steroids and never addressed the real issue. My only problem today is I don't live close enough to continue seeing him. Miss him more than I can express.
Not the best doctor. He suspected a serious illness in my boy, admitted him to hospital to find out later that it's a stomach bug that can't be treated at home in one day ! Also, his staff is rude, auwful and disorganised. They don't call to confirm or cancel appointments. Once i had to take a day off work for an appointment to be surprised that the doctor is not in, and the staff just forgot to call me in advance to cancel!! Lately i asked for some records of mine for work purposes, and two days later I got a call from them that they can't locate my records and they need a few more days to locate them! I don't care about them smiling in my face while they suck at their jobs!
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Carey is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
University Of The Witwatersrand
Graduated in 1973
Mayo Clinic And Medical School
Dr. Terence L Carey accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS OK BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Community Care PCC
- CommunityCare PPO Standard Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsTl Carey Md And Associates Inc, 7125 S Braden Ave, Tulsa, OK
Dr. Terence L Carey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tulsa, OK.