Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Terry D Guiley has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Mental Illness
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 5 of 27
Dr. Guiley took care of my family around 1977 or so. He took care of my family. He was always considerate to his patients. He took plenty of time with us. My husband joined the Army in 1981. That was the last time that I saw him. I am positive that he is a good psychiatrist and as a physician. I now live in Arizona and the chances are very slim that we will ever live there again. However, if we did live in that area, I would see if he would accept me a a patient that is seeing a psychiatrist. I have been seeing a psychiatrist for years. I am sure that Dr. Guiley is still a great doctor and psychiatrist. I would recommend Dr. Guiley to anyone in need of a doctor or a psychiatrist.
Dr. Guiley is very understanding with a Great staff, Kate is so kind and,always makes me feel understood. when calling for an appointment or I just have a question.I feel very blessed to have Dr Guiley helping me along my very rocky road . I never thought there was help for me because I had so many other Dr"s. with little results until I met Dr. Guiley.I knew I was at the right place. Thanks to you all at Alpha Omega Christian Center.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
42 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1976
St Louis University School Of Medicine
Dr. Terry D Guiley accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTerry D Guiley Do, 11166 Tesson Ferry Rd, Saint Louis, MO
Dr. Terry D Guiley is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.