Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thai D Nguyen has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorder
- Nerve Conduction Studies
Showing 5 of 10
I have only seen Dr.Nguyen once so far but have another appt soon. He was very patient and caring as I am explaining the horror stories that is caused by restless legs. He suggested a medication in which I have never heard of. It was a miracle. While on the new meds,I did not have any issues with my restless legs. Thank you so much Dr.Nguyen.
PRO: Doctor Nguyen is a pretty good doctor and the only neurologist I've had for my epilepsy. Office staff are sweet as can be and have remembered things I told them like 2 appointments prior. They're honestly so nice that one would think they're working for tips. CON: Doctor Nguyen is a bit difficult to understand as he's a little older and has a thick Vietnamese accent however he has a son who looks to be in his 30's. Also, if Doctor Nguyen orders a blood test and you think you need your meds up, get the test or else he won't do anything for you so as to not hurt you.
Dr. Nguyen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
Washington University In St Louis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Thai D Nguyen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsThai D Nguyen Md Pa, 9816 Memorial Blvd Ste 202, Humble, TX
Dr. Thai D Nguyen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Humble, TX.