Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thelma S Asare MD
Dr. Thelma S Asare, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Towson, MD. She has 29 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Asare is affiliated with Northwest Hospital Center, University of Maryland St Joseph Medical Center and Greater Baltimore Medical Center. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Thelma S Asare has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Thelma S Asare has the following 11 expertise
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
Dr. Thelma S Asare is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
The best OB/GYN
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thelma S Asare - Posted on October 14th, 2018
Dr. Asare is my OB/GYN and although she was not the on call doctor from her practice to deliver my twins, she surprised me and came off of her leave and delivered my twins. She was straightforward with me and my son’s father in sharing that I needed to seek therapy as I was dealing with depression and not long after postpartum depression. She named my twin son a name from her village in Nigeria. She is kind but will be honest with you. She is a mother, and very educated in her field. I will always have a special place for her in my life and my sons life.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thelma S Asare - Posted on September 9th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thelma S Asare - Posted on July 17th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thelma S Asare - Posted on February 4th, 2015
Dr. Asare is kind and funny. She and her staff are easy to deal with. They are usually prompt and Dr. Asare spends time in her office reassuring you about any concerns. She asks how my daughter is (also a patient) and leaves messages on my phone several days after a test has been completed. I would highly recommend her.
Avoid this Dr
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thelma S Asare - Posted on June 26th, 2013
I have dealt with Dr. Asare twice over the phone since she was the on call doc. Both times I was completely at a loss by her rude nature. Just recently I left a message at 8:30am in need of medication for a UTI. She did not call me until 5:00pm and tried to convince me that my symptoms were not UTI related but may be from something else. She could not tell me what else I might be suffering from nor could she tell me what tests I needed to have done. As I tried to ask more questions she stopped me and said to make a decision about calling in a RX because she had other people to get to. Also, she would not be able to call my RX in today because she was busy and she might get to it the next day! She is unbelievable! I see other Dr in this practice and they are great. She is not a good fit at all, I wish they would get rid of her.
Dr. Asare is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Yale University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. Thelma S Asare Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCAPITAL WOMENS CARE, 100 West Rd Ste 404, Towson, MD
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thelma S Asare, MD - Obstetrics and Gynecology in Towson, MD, in this video.
Dr. Thelma S Asare is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Towson, MD.