Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thiru V Lakshman has the following 3 specialties
- Colon & Rectal Surgery
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
After suffering for 8 years with Ulcerative Colitis, trying to cope with all the available medications and hoping that every new regiment would help my condition to no avail. I eventually decided that this suffering had to end so that I could get my life back and was referred to dr. T. Lakshman. He performed an eleostomy by removing my colon. He did it masterfully with the Da Vinci robotic procedure. I was amazed at the small incisions he made. I only had 2 days of discomfort and was quickly healing and was discharged after 5 days experiencing no pain. Dr. Lakshman was very kind and courteous and visited my bedside every day making sure I was healing well. He answered all my concerns and questions very patiently and assuring. I have so much praise for his expertise and patient care. He also set up very good patient care by contacting all the after care services. They promptly called me the same day I was discharged and visited me at home 2 days later. I recommend dr. Lakshman very highly and thank him for giving my life back.
Unimpressed.....did the cancer surgery, but now doesn't want to perform the surgery to get rid of stoma.....doesn't care what I want or need. Apparently thinks it's ok for me to wear a bag for the rest of my life. Wants a PCP to give him the "thumbs up" that I have no other medical issues...didn't need that the first time around. $115,000 surgery and it seems that he had to go in TWICE as he didn't diagnose things correctly the first time around. His nurse calls me back, but doesn't say goodbye, just hangs up. Rude, pompous and controlling.
16 Years Experience
University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Thiru V Lakshman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAustin Colon & Rectal Clinic, 4208 Medical Pkwy, Austin, TX
Dr. Thiru V Lakshman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Austin, TX.