Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thom E Lobe has the following 1 specialty
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery (Cholecystectomy)
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Lymph Node Excision (Lymph node removal)
- Lung Cancer
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Liver Cancer
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Local Neoplasm Recurrence
- Soft Tissue Cancer
- Hirschsprung Disease
- Abdominal Cavity Inflammation (Peritonitis)
- Thoracic Cancer
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- E.Coli (Escherichia coli Infections)
- Skeletal Muscle Cancer (Rhabdomyosarcoma)
- Intestinal Perforation
Showing 5 of 14
I searched high and low to find a doctor who was knowledgable about bio identical hormones. I went through at least five different doctors before I stumbled upon Dr. Lobe. He was the only one that was actually able to help me with my hot flashes. The other doctors were unable to properly measure my current hormone levels and what hormones I needed. Dr. Lobe was able to properly identify the hormones that I was deficient in and got me back in check. I am so glad I found him.
My son David was born with multiple birth defects. He required 4 surgeries in the first 3 weeks of his life. If you are meeting Dr. Lobe for the first time you might feel uncomfortable with his bedside manner. Please don't let this prevent you from working with him. He scared me with his words, but don't mistake the way he conveys information with the care that your child will receive. He is in "think mode" during a consultation. I had difficulties getting pregnant and when I did give birth to a child that had so many issues I was crushed.Dr. Lobe saved my son's life. Noone thought he would survive. My son is now 6 years old. Every milestone he reaches I think of Dr.Lobe and how he miraculously rebuilt my son. After the surgeries we had multiple follow up visits. We rarely waited more than 5 minutes and you could see how much he actually cared for my child and our family. You could see his love for his work in his eyes. I am thankful every day for the brilliance of this man.
Dr. Lobe was too busy to discuss my daughter's hospitalization and need for surgery. He rushed in and out of her hospital room. My daughter's pathology worsened for the next 24 hours until a different surgeon was on call. Fortunately, the other surgeon correctly identified the urgency of her condition and rushed her into surgery. Infection had spread throughout her abdominal region. My personal opinion: Unless you are visiting his Beverly Hills practice, stay away!
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
43 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Ohio State University Medical Center
Dr. Thom E Lobe accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRegeneveda, 1 E Delaware Pl Ste 306, Chicago, IL
Dr. Thom E Lobe is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.