Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas Bruce
Dr. Thomas Bruce, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Washington, DC, with other offices in Lutherville Timonium, MD and Reston, VA . His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Bruce is affiliated with Fairfax Hospital, Falls Church, Virginia, Kaiser Permanente, Reston,Virginia and Inova Fair Oaks Hospital. Dr. Bruce has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas Bruce has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Thomas Bruce has the following 11 expertise
- Diabetes Complications
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Thomas Bruce is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 1 of 1
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Dr. Bruce is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Fairfax Hospital, Falls Church, Virginia
Kaiser Permanente, Reston,Virginia
Inova Fair Oaks Hospital
Inova Fairfax Hospital
- New York Medical College
Medical College Of Virginia Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas Bruce in this video.
Dr. Thomas Bruce is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Washington, DC.