Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Thomas A Mcdonald
Dr. Thomas A Mcdonald, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Springfield, MA. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Foot and Ankle Orthopaedics and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Mcdonald is affiliated with Baystate Medical Center. Dr. Mcdonald has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas A Mcdonald has the following 2 specialties
- Foot and Ankle Orthopaedics
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Thomas A Mcdonald has the following 3 expertise
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. Thomas A Mcdonald has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Thomas A Mcdonald is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 32
Unfortunately, I've had 2 surgeries with Dr. McDonald for a very complicated, severe and rare foot injury. In that time Dr. McDonald has proven to be one of the most professional, caring and skillful doctors that I have ever seen. Although the wait time can be up to one hour, you'll quickly realize why when he provides top notch quality 1:1 care, as he listens and problem solves to help the patient. He takes the time to provide patients with an array of options when possible, and ensures you understand, talking at a patients level and even taking the time to draw pictures when helpful. He is kind, polite and treats his staff well; all of them sing his praises. I know it's absurd, but you always walk away feeling like this doctor actually cares about you! Always has the patients best interest at heart even if that means seeking out other providers who may have more experience with certain problems. His demenor is very calm and soothing. He's even a sharp dresser, with southern style down right down to the cowboy boots that he wears in the O.R. If you are in Western, MA, he's your man!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Mcdonald is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Thomas A Mcdonald accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNew England Orthopedic Surgeons, 300 Birnie Ave Ste 201, Springfield, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas A Mcdonald, MD - Foot and Ankle Orthopaedics in Springfield, MA, in this video.
Dr. Thomas A Mcdonald is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Springfield, MA.