Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Thomas R Antony Sr has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Thomas R Antony Sr has the following 21 expertise
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
- Hysterectomy (Vaginal)
- Inflammation of the Vulva and Vagina (Vulvovaginitis)
- Weight Loss
- Hot Flashes
- Abdominal Pregnancy
- Birth Control
- Vaginal Discharge
- Pap Smear
- Hysteroscopic Surgery
- Menstrual Pain
- Gynecologic disorders
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Pelvic Exam
- Gynecologic Surgical Procedures
Dr. Thomas R Antony Sr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas R Antony Sr - Posted on September 8th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas R Antony Sr - Posted on August 21st, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas R Antony Sr - Posted on August 17th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas R Antony Sr - Posted on June 15th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas R Antony Sr - Posted on April 29th, 2016
On-Time Doctor Award (2017, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Antony is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Carilion Health System
Dr. Thomas R Antony Sr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Thomas R Antony Sr
Dr.Thomas Antony hails from Northern Kentucky. He graduated cum laude from Thomas Moore College with degrees in Biology and Chemistry. He attended the University of Louisville School of Medicine followed by a four year residency in OB/GYN in Roanoke, Virginia. After training, Dr. Antony served in the US Air Force as both a flight surgeon and chief of OB/GYN at Edwards AFB in California. Dr. Antony left the service and returned to Kentucky where he entered private practice for 18 years as a partner in Stephens, Scudder and Antony PSC. Dr. Antony moved to Inverness, Florida in June of 2003 to join Genesis Women's Center where he currently practices. He resides in Lecanto with his wife of 28 years, Liz Antony, who is an RN and professional jazz vocalist. His three children were raised in Citrus County and have successfully completed their degrees in their chosen fields.
Locations & DirectionsGENESIS WOMENS CENTER, 800 Medical Ct E, Inverness, FL
Dr. Thomas R Antony Sr is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Inverness, FL.