Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas H Bascom
Dr. Thomas H Bascom, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Springfield, OR. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Surgery. Dr. Bascom is affiliated with McKenzie-Willamette Medical Center and Sacred Heart Medical Center. Dr. Bascom has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas H Bascom has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Thomas H Bascom has the following 1 expertise
Showing 5 of 17
I had an on going issue with a pilonidal cyst for over 3 years I live across the country from where Dr. Bascom practices so I thought I would email him to see if he had any suggestions. He called me an hour after I emailed him, and spoke to me over the phone for over an hour. He is extremely knowledgeable in his field, and very very caring.
Dr. Bascom is a top expert in pilonidal care. I underwent a pilonidal excision surgery in 2005 with the surgical wound never healing. After many weeks of effort with the surgeon, I was told I needed the surgery again. I could not figure out how doing the same thing twice would provide different results. So I sought out a second opinion (in CO) and was given the same confusing information. After more research, I found that there were many who had this experience and that people traveled from all around the world to have their last surgery with Dr. Bascom. Thankfully for me, it was only my second.What I appreciated about him was that he and his father developed a new way to do the procedure that had better success rates. After I traveled there, he determined I did not have a pilonidal abscess and performed a different operation entirely. I think that it could have been easy to fall into the path that another 2 doctors outlined for him by assuming I had pilonidal issues. But he was willing to search outside the box and felt I had a different issue. I had the surgery 51 weeks to the day from the original surgery and the new procedure healed within weeks (as it was supposed to) where the original surgery never did. Finally, Dr. Bascom was willing to help with post-op questions by email and he even provided me with a referral in CO in the event I needed someone. It has now been 3 years and I have not experienced any issues. Deciding to travel to OR to see him was one of the best things I have ever done with regard to my health.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Bascom is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
University Of Wisconsin Hospital
Dr. Thomas H Bascom accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net OR PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health Community Care Network
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNw Surgical Specialists, 3355 Riverbend Dr # 300, Springfield, OR
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas H Bascom in this video.
Dr. Thomas H Bascom is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Springfield, OR.