Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas C Wheeler Jr
Dr. Thomas C Wheeler Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fort Wayne, IN, with another office in Fort Wayne, IN. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology and Maternal & Fetal Medicine. Dr. Wheeler is affiliated with Parkview Hospital Randallia and St.Vincent Kokomo. Dr. Wheeler has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas C Wheeler Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Maternal & Fetal Medicine
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 57
Dr. Wheeler was the specialist on call when I was admitted to the hospital with preeclampsia. I was not having the typical symptoms of pre-e, and I was scared we were making a rash decision to have our baby early. He assured me that although my symptoms were improving, that my labs remained worrisome, and that my child would be safer outside than in. He did not deliver my baby, but he did continue to treat me after her birth. I was on Magnesium Sulfate and unable to visit her in the NICU for nearly 24 hours. It was hard and lonely, but he seemed to understand. He promised he'd "treat me like a person tomorrow," and it made me feel like he knew it was unfair, but it was best for me so I could be a healthy mommy for my little one. He also returned after examining her placenta and my labs and reassured me we did the right thing. I am so thankful for his knowledge and reassurance.
Dr Wheeler is an amazing doctor that cares about his patients. I had both my kids by emergency C-Section, after my last C-Section I was very emotional and he sat with me until I calmed down. Whenever I was worried or felt something might be wrong during my pregnancy I called and got in that same day. He also treated me with respect & listened to my concerns and alway made sure my mind was at ease before I left. Many times I would enter his office in tears worried about the baby I was carrying & he was very compassionate & took the time to make me feel better. I have recommended him to all my friends and would highly recommend him to anyone. I have nothing negative to say about Dr Wheeler . He is a first class doctor and a first call caring individual. I truly trust him 100%. He's a great doctor!
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Wheeler is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Dr. Thomas C Wheeler Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- First Health PPO
FrontPath Health Coalition
- FrontPath Health Coalition
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Thomas C Wheeler Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Wayne, IN.