Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas Cann III
Dr. Thomas Cann III, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Winston Salem, NC. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Geriatric Medicine. Dr. Cann is affiliated with Carolinas Medical Center - Mercy, Novant Health Medical Park Hospital and Novant Health Forsyth Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas Cann III has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
Dr. Thomas Cann III has the following 1 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
Dr. Thomas Cann III is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Dr. Cann is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Carolinas Medical Center - Mercy
Novant Health Medical Park Hospital
Novant Health Forsyth Medical Center
Novant Health Thomasville Medical Center
Novant Medical Group
Forsyth Medical Center
42 Years Experience
Wake Forest University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
Grady Memorial Hospital
Dr. Thomas Cann III accepts the following insurance providers.
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNovant Health Forsyth Medical Center, 3333 Silas Creek Pkwy, Winston Salem, NC
Dr. Thomas Cann III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Winston Salem, NC.