Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas D Horst has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Thomas D Horst has the following 11 expertise
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
Dr. Thomas D Horst has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Thomas D Horst is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 15
Doctor Horst is part of the machine. if you are pregnant and planning on having him deliver your baby, be aware that he thinks that "every woman tears during her first birth," which means that he has no intention of trying to minimize these tears or minimize the necessity of an episiotomy, which could lead you to having an unnecessarily painful recovery after giving birth. just imagine trying to heal from third degree tears while you are caring for a newborn baby. not the best time. second, he's on a mission to deliver the baby FAST. during the delivery of my first child, he said, "we can have this baby out in 15 minutes." i made it very clear to him that i would like to take the birth more slowly, if possible, to allow my body to adjust and to minimize tearing. not with this guy. he is so clueless. he was more interested in getting out of the delivery room and on with his life than he was about my wellbeing. i was more educated on pregnancy health than he was. he is a "by the book" kind of guy, definitely not the kind of guy to go above and beyond his duties. i found his demeanor to be friendly but false. you could see right through him. it was obvious that he couldn't have cared less. if you are looking for a doctor who is going to listen to you and make decisions in your best interest, this is not your guy. he is concerned with delivering a healthy baby (as we all are!), yet has no interest in taking care of the mother or her body.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009, 2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Horst is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Jackson Health System
Dr. Thomas D Horst accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSouth Miami Ob/Gyn Associates, 7300 SW 62nd Pl Fl 3, Miami, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas D Horst in this video.
Dr. Thomas D Horst is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Miami, FL.