Get the facts about seasonal allergies, including the different types, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas R Detar has the following 2 specialties
An otolaryngologist is more commonly referred to as an ENT, someone that can treat medical issues you may be having with you ears, nose, or throat. This is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions of the ear, nose, sinuses, larynx (voice box), mouth, throat, head, and neck. These doctors treat patients through both medical and surgical means. For instance, an otolaryngologist may treat an obstruction of the nasal passage, caused by malformation of the nose, through rhinoplasty.
- Plastic Surgery within the Head & Neck
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Sino-Nasal Disorders
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders (Otorhinolaryngologic Diseases)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
I have had an ingestion issue for three years. I've had five specialists working on figuring out the cause. I went to Dr DeTar to rule out a sinus cyst. He was the ONLY doctor to order a swallow test which immediately revealed my ingestion issue. Three years of suffering and five specialists later, it was an ENT that was thorough enough to root out the cause.
Dr. Detar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Keck School Of Medicine Of The University Of Southern California
Graduated in 1986
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Thomas R Detar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Altius Provider Directory
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross Idaho
- Blue Cross ID PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Group Health Coop
- Group Health Coop Alliant Plus Connect
- Group Health Coop Core
- Humana Choice POS
- Moda Health Connexus
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
Regence Health Plans
- Regence ID Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSt Josephs Ear Nose And Throat Clinic Pllc, 323 N Spokane St, Post Falls, ID
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas R Detar in this video.
Dr. Thomas R Detar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Post Falls, ID.