Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas E Stiles
Dr. Thomas E Stiles, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Saint Helena, CA, with another office in Saint Helena, CA. He has 48 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Stiles is affiliated with St Helena Hospital Napa Valley. Dr. Stiles has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas E Stiles has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Thomas E Stiles has the following 11 expertise
- Gland Issues
- Cushing Disease
- Thyroid Diseases
- Addison Disease
Dr. Thomas E Stiles has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 25
I was referred to Dr. Stiles for a follow-up on test results indicating Cushings. The staff asked me to repeat lab work which requires debilitating prep for me. I requested that the rest of the tests which require the same prep be ordered at the same time. The staff became incensed at this request, repeatedly yelling at me on the phone. After weeks of berating, I finally acquiesced to their demands. At that point they cancelled my appointment and the secretary proclaimed she was too smart for me and found any questioning by patients unworkable.
As a member of the medical profession I am very picky about my doctors and Dr. Stiles makes the grade. He is one of the best diagnosticians I have ever come across. Yes, sometimes you have to wait. However that is due to the fact that he spends as much time with a patient as they need - doesn't just boot you in & out of your 15 min appointment slot. When I have to wait I remind myself that he spends extra time with me when needed so I don't begrudge the wait. Imagine that - a doctor who actually spends the time to listen to you and explain things to you, and who cares about your treatment. Top notch qualaity care - If you want the best see Dr. Stiles.
Patients' Choice Award (2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Stiles is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
48 Years Experience
Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1970
Loma Linda University Medical Center
Dr. Thomas E Stiles accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas E Stiles in this video.
Dr. Thomas E Stiles is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Helena, CA.