- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Thomas J Alexander has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Thomas J Alexander has the following 10 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
Showing 2 of 2
39 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Queen Of Angels Medical Center
Dr. Thomas J Alexander accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Thomas J Alexander
Thomas J. Alexander, M.D., is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine and has subspecialty certification in Gastroenterology. Dr. Alexander graduated from the Michigan State University College of Human Medicine and completed his Internal Medicine residency at William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak. He then completed a Gastroenterology fellowship at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, followed by additional training in laser endoscopy in California. A Fellow of the American College of Physicians and the American College of Gastroenterology, Dr. Alexander is also a member of several other professional societies. He is a co-founder and physician advisor to the TriCounty Celiac Sprue Support Group.
Locations & DirectionsGASTROINTESTINAL SPECIALIST PC, 264 W Maple Rd Ste 200, Troy, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas J Alexander, MD - Gastroenterology in Troy, MI, in this video.
Dr. Thomas J Alexander is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Troy, MI.