Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas J Hope has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Thomas J Hope has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Thomas J Hope has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 16
Dr. Hope has been my primary care physician since approximately 1995. I have received nothing but excellent care and compassion not just from Dr. Hope, but his entire staff as well. In the past 1-2 years, since his practice has gone entirely to electronic medical records, he runs behind in appointments. This is quite understandable as it takes time for a physician and nurse to enter information into the computer as they are talking to a patient, etc.. I've read some rather "ugly" reviews and I feel that if people took the time to explain their concerns to Dr. Hope or the office manager, perhaps ill feelings might be quieted. Medicine is changing in that more physicians are implementing electronic medical records, there are more requirements placed upon the physician with the passage of Obamacare, and medicare has made many changes. We no longer live in the day of the "physician who makes house calls!" People need to understand that medicine is not an exact science. People also need to become more proactive about their healthcare.
Dr. Hope is very personable and friendly. When I needed urgent appointments I was seen by nurse practioners. I had a recurrent condition which was overlooked for 2 months and I had to seek my own specialist, rather than being referred to one for an acute condition. Would never refer Dr. Hope to a friend, and he will no longer be my medical provider.
I have been seeing Dr. Hope over 15 years and have referred all my friends to him. Everyone loves him. He is considerate and always listens without being judgmental. I have never had such a warm and sincere MD in all my 62 years and will never go anywhere else. There is not enough praise I could possible give him. Best doc ever!
Dr Hope, I hope you understand how upset my mother was after she came to see you. She was treated so badly, that if I was with her I would of given you a piece of my mind, your medical assistant was so rude and did not treat my mother very kindly. She is going through a very rough time right now. And I know there are days when it can be tough. But you do not bring your personal life into the office. I have been a nurse for 23 years, and I have never treated a patient the way you and your office treated my mother. I will make sure that every one knows about you, and how you treated my mother. I hope you never come to my state. I am not sure how you can sleep at night. You are fired from treating my mother, and if I ever see you or your office staff, I will give your boss and everyone around a piece of my mind.
33 Years Experience
University Of Nevada School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
University Of Nevada School Of Medicine
Dr. Thomas J Hope accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HMO Nevada
- Anthem NV Choice PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway X HMO Ind Direct Access
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health Care of Nevada PPO
- First Health PPO
Prominence Health Plan
- Prominence N NV - HealthFirst HMO/POS Network Employer
- Prominence N Nevada - Preferred Healthcare PPO Employer
- Sierra Health Northern Nevada PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Thomas J Hope is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Reno, NV.