Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas J Mcdonald Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
I went the first time to my appointment, excited and anxious due to this being my first child and they tell me once I get there that I can Not be seen because my insurance covers me and not the baby. We'll it took me a good month to fix that and I had an appointment set up for today at 2:30pm and the lady calls me at 2:15pm saying that I can Not be seen because I haven't had a 30 min. consultation with the nurse that is on staff yet. Since they only have one nurse, they decided to call me 15 minutes prior to my appointment and let me know this. My fiancÃ© had taken off work, and I am a full time student in a no miss program who left early for this appointment! Needless to say this has been my experience so far with being a maternity patient at the Woman's Health Specialist.
Dr. McDonald is by far the best OB/GYN in Roanoke Rapids, NC. Yes, sometimes the wait time is a little long but thats only because he don't just walk in, look at the patient and walk out. He actually cares about the patient, talks to the patient and if you have ANY questions he is always open to answering them. I am so glad I went to his office when I was pregnant with my son. I will continue to go there :)
I spent 3 hours waiting undressed in the exam room for him to show up. I asked nurses a couple times and they kept saying "he's coming," and "he's running a little bit behind." Then he made some joke about his being short and couldn't see the chart on the wall. I don't care how short he is! I'm a working woman who lost 1/2 day at work because of him!!! I'll never go back again!
Dr. Mcdonald is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
East Tennessee State University James H Quillen College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Dr. Thomas J Mcdonald Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- Coventry Carelink - Duke Medicine Tier 1
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWomens Health Specialists, 1381 Medical Center Dr, Roanoke Rapids, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas J Mcdonald Jr in this video.
Dr. Thomas J Mcdonald Jr is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Roanoke Rapids, NC.