Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas M Keahey has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Thomas M Keahey has the following 11 expertise
- Basal Cell
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Cancer
- Skin Biopsy
Dr. Thomas M Keahey has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Thomas M Keahey is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 6
The office staff is horrible especially Jan who was very abrasive and rude when I didn't understand and needed something to be explained to me. I told her I had disability and didnt understand and to please explain to me and she said no that I should go elsewhere if I dont get it! Dr should know the staff is running off patients! I have insurance but my friend was going to pay cash for the visit!
I had been to this Dr. in the past for Basal Cell Cancer which he diagnosed and removed. About 9 months ago, I saw him for an area in my ear that was not healing and was scaly. It resembled the other skin cancer I had in the past. BUT, Dr. Keahey told me it was not CA without a biopsy, it was only eczema! Well I went back to him about a month ago and he said it was definitely CA and I had to go through the Mohs treatment for removal with another Doctor. There were complications to that procedure. None of that would have happened if Dr. Keahey had diagnosed it properly when I had it checked the first time.
Dr. Keahey is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1976
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. Thomas M Keahey accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsShady Grove Dermatology, 15245 Shady Grove Rd Ste 370, Rockville, MD
Dr. Thomas M Keahey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rockville, MD.