Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas Lugus has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
I have been going to Dr. Lugas for over 10 years. While his bedside manner is unconventional, he is a straight shooter. If your health issues are related to weight. He will tell you to run. If you have diabetes he will tell you to watch your diet. As I've said, Dr. Lugas is a straight shooter and does his job thoroughly, if not with the gentle nature of a puppy dog. I appreciate straight forward responses to my questions and unsympathetic diagnoses. He is not rude in nature just doesn't coddle you as some doctors will do. I highly recommend him to anyone wanting a straight answer.
He is my mothers doctor and she came to Ohio for a visit and became seriously ill.The doctors at Medina Hospital (a out base for the world renon Cleveland Clinic) The hospital found that he had her on two medicines that was not needed. Also, she a serous UTI that has gone undetected. Also, she was on the wrong medicine for depression and blood pressure. My mom is 86 and he could have caused her death. While she was in the hospital it was determined that she needed a walker for her unsteady walking. When she returned to NC he decided that she did not need a walker. How can he believe that he is smarter then the doctors at Cleveland Clinic. She has already has had two serous falls.STAY AWAY FROM HIM!
Dr. Lugus is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Park Ridge Health
Park Ridge Hospital
32 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Anderson Area Medical Center
Dr. Thomas Lugus accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsParkridge Medical Associates, 207 Linda Vista Dr, Hendersonville, NC
Dr. Thomas Lugus is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hendersonville, NC.