Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas F Moyad
Dr. Thomas F Moyad, MD is a Doctor primarily located in La Mesa, CA, with other offices in La Mesa, CA and San Diego, CA . He has 17 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Moyad has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas F Moyad has 3 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. Thomas F Moyad has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Thomas F Moyad has the following 16 expertise
- Joint Replacement
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Surgery
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Bone Fracture
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Showing 4 of 4
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas F Moyad - Posted on October 17th, 2015
You won't feel like just a number with this Professional Dr!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas F Moyad - Posted on June 15th, 2015
My aching joints
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas F Moyad - Posted on February 20th, 2013
Dr. Moyad is wonderful! He takes as much time as you need and is a great doctor with a great bed side manner. He puts you at such ease. I never expected a Harvard trainned surgeon (which Dr. Moyad is) to be so down to earth and friendly. He treats you like family. His staff is also very professional and friendly.
Found a better option than knee replacement
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas F Moyad - Posted on January 24th, 2013
Dr Mayad evaluated me checking my knee taking ex-rays and he answered my question. He gave me clear information on my situation. Another doctor was going to replace my knee. Dr. Mayad is going to give me an injection of jell. He took the high road not recommending surgery when only one surface of my knee was bone on bone
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
17 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Thomas F Moyad Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
More about Dr. Thomas F Moyad
My mission as an orthopedic surgeon is to educate my patients to the best of my abilities so they can be thoroughly informed about all their treatment options. Initially, my approach is to search for all non-operative treatment options and avoid surgical management whenever possible. , I believe strongly in preventative medicine. As the old saying goes, "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." Thus, my patients will typically receive extensive counseling, not only on their treatment options, but also on prevention of common diseases effecting bone health. Lastly, when surgery is indicated, I believe it is best to take a well-rounded approach to medical care. Therefore, I do offer minimally invasive techniques and recent emerging technologies to my patients who are deemed good candidates. I also offer partial knee replacements, as well as hip resurfacing procedures. These procedures conserve bone and utilize newer bearing surfaces, which may benefit younger or more active patients. In my spare time I enjoy spending my spare time with my family, reading and flying airplanes.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas F Moyad, MD - Orthopaedic Surgery in La Mesa, CA, in this video.
Dr. Thomas F Moyad is similar to the following 4 Doctors near La Mesa, CA.