Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas Nolan
Dr. Thomas Nolan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New Orleans, LA, with other offices in Plymouth, IN and Lafayette, LA (and 2 other locations). He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Nolan is affiliated with East Jefferson General Hospital, Ochsner Baptist Medical Center and Touro Infirmary. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas Nolan has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- C-Section (Cesarean Section)
- Gynecologic disorders
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Hot Flashes
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Pregnancy Complications, Cardiovascular
- Premature Labor
- Uterine Diseases
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Nolan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
East Jefferson General Hospital
Ochsner Baptist Medical Center
Medical Center of Louisiana - University Campus
Ochsner Baptist Med Center
Earl K. Long
Univ. Medical Center
Medical Center Of Louisiana
36 Years Experience
University of Virginia
Graduated in 1977
Dr. Thomas Nolan accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Thomas Nolan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Orleans, LA.