Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas Smith
Dr. Thomas Smith, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Saint Paul, MN. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Smith is affiliated with Healtheast St John's Hospital, Healtheast Woodwinds Hospital and Bethesda Rehabilitation Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas Smith has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Thyroid Diseases
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
I'm a patient of Dr. Thomas R Smith and have had a hard time regulating my bloodsugar. I have such anxiety when I go to my appointment because I know I was not perfect on my eating or blood glucose testing, however, Dr. Smith has Always made me feel cared about. He ALWAYS has a calm demeanor and takes all the time I need, never rushing our appointment, and makes sure I understand our diabetic control. I have nothing but positive feedback to give in his regard. He is my top Doctor pick.
Dr. Smith is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Healtheast St John's Hospital
Healtheast Woodwinds Hospital
Bethesda Rehabilitation Hospital
Woodwinds Health Campus
HealthEast Bethesda Hospital
38 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1975
University Of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
Dr. Thomas Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions1875 Woodwinds Dr, Saint Paul, MN
Dr. Thomas Smith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Paul, MN.