Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas L Schildwachter
Dr. Thomas L Schildwachter, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Charlottesville, VA. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Schildwachter is affiliated with Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital. Dr. Schildwachter has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas L Schildwachter has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Hip Surgery
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Bone Fracture
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Knee Surgery
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Sports Medicine
- Sports Injuries
- Joint Replacement
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 36
My PCP referred me to Dr. Schildwatcher for knee problems. He ended up doing orthoscopic surgery on my left knee for a complex meniscus tear on both sides of my knee. Came through fine with no problems. He told me I would eventually need knee replacement for both knees but I would know when it was time. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND him.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2013, 2014, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2016)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Schildwachter is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Dr. Thomas L Schildwachter accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsThomas L Schildwachter Md, 914 E Jefferson St Ste 102, Charlottesville, VA
Dr. Thomas L Schildwachter is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Charlottesville, VA.