Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas C Stinnett has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
Showing 5 of 16
Dr . Stinnett is the most brilliant caring Psychiatrist! Not only do you see him at every appointment but you don't have to see a nurse which most in his field have you see a nurse then only see the doctor for five minutes. Further more some may say he runs late but that's only because he takes his time with each patient. So just call ahead to see how he is doing on time. His office staff are incredible and take there time to talk with you if you are having problems. They are all kind and wish other offices were like this. I will never ever go see another doctor ! Dr . Stinnett is absolutely hands down the best in his field . He is truly the last of a dying breed! When it's your turn to talk with him he looks at you and listens instead of just writing in your chart and handing your scripts and sending you on your way. I have never met a doctor who is so trustworthy and so intelligent. You can see the concern in his eyes! I had to wait some time to get a new patient appointment but now I know why! I will always be his patient he is certainly the best I have ever known. And I thank him for helping me find myself again . I so thank Dr. Stinnett and love him dearly !
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
32 Years Experience
University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Thomas C Stinnett accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Qualchoice Statewide Network
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsThomas C Stinnett Mdpa, 5 Saint Vincent Cir Ste 302, Little Rock, AR
Dr. Thomas C Stinnett is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Little Rock, AR.