Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas J Zuber has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- EOL Care
- Dementia Testing
- Urinary Incontinence
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Uterine Cancer (Uterine Cervical Neoplasm)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
I like and respect Dr Zuber, and think he is knowledgeable and informed. He teaches at the UNC med school, gives seminars to other docs, and has published medical textbooks. He used to give excellent annual physicals, which often lasted over an hour and made you feel that you were being genuinely attended to. One personal criticism is that I wish he would talk a little less, and listen a bit more to hear what the patient has to say before interjecting. My real concern is with the office organization and the ability to schedule appointments to see him when needed. On several occasions I've had to schedule appts out 3 or more months, and then they are often changed and rescheduled by the staff with little explanation. The office seems poorly organized and I've heard other patients come in and complain about the way things are handled while I've been in their waiting room. It's only gotten worse since they have merged with Fry Hospital health care, with more bureaucracy and paperwork. I am considering changing doctors because I can't get in to see Zuber on a timely basis.
35 Years Experience
University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Phoenix Baptist Hospital
Dr. Thomas J Zuber accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOrthopedic Specialists of North Carolina, 11200 Governor Manly Way Ste 309, Raleigh, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas J Zuber in this video.
Dr. Thomas J Zuber is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Raleigh, NC.