Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thuthuy T Phamle has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Thuthuy T Phamle has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 14
I went in to see Dr Phamle because my coverage with Kaiser had ended and my whole life, I have been with Kaiser so I was adamant about meeting with a new dr and starting all over again. I was pleasantly surprised and relieved knowing that she took the time to ask me several questions about my health background and was not in a rush to get me out of the office. I really felt that she listened to my needs and helped to take care of me. Thanks Dr. Phamle for making me feel comfortable and at ease.
Dr. Phamle is an excellent doctor, contrary to some of the reviews I've read on this and other sites. She is a careful listener and takes time to answer all my questions, even if I ask something multiple times to make sure I understand. I liked her so much I moved my elderly mother to her care, and I saw an instant improvement over her former doctor who specialized in geriatric care. Dr. Phamle did not just sit behind her computer (as so many doctors do now), but scooted her stool to sit right alongside my mother. She showed her on the computer screen what her test results were and what they meant. My mother has Alzheimers, but Dr. Phamle treated her with respect and dignity and provided both of us with the information we needed. Her follow-up care has also been excellent. When I called with questions about some lab results, she called me after her shift on the same day and explained clearly what I needed to know. BTW, if she splits her time between offices (which I don't think is true now), it would not be unusual in our area. Many, if not most, of the doctors in East County split their time between Brentwood and Walnut Creek/Concord because we apparently don't yet have the population to provide a full time patient load for many practices. I am very grateful they do that; it brings top quality doctors to our area so we don't always have to travel over the hill. Bottom line: moving between offices is not a sign of poor performance or quality of care, at least not here.
I have a cold/flu that has gone into my chest/lungs. I called my regular doctor who was off this day and Dr Phamle was available. I explained that opaque green/gray material was coming out of my lungs and I was there for antibiotics. After examining me the Dr said she would not prescibe antibiotics. I was very upset, partially because I was feeling so ill and asked again, she refused. She said if I was still sick over the weekend to go into urgent car. That was yesturday, guess what I'm still hacking up material and am feeling worst. After a little research I found out that Dr Phamle floats between at least 3 clinics. It is obvious to me that this doctor has poor skills and is more afraid to prescibe antibiotics then to take care of a patent who wasnt hers.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2017)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
15 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
San Joaquin General Hospital
Dr. Thuthuy T Phamle accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJohn Muir Urgent Care, 2400 Balfour Rd Ste 120, Brentwood, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thuthuy T Phamle in this video.
Dr. Thuthuy T Phamle is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brentwood, CA.